5 Reasons You Might Want to Hire a Professional Copywriter
- If you're running a business, you probably don't have the time or the inclination to write marketing materials yourself. You may even hate to write. If the thought of writing is about as appealing as a root canal, you'll never put in the work to get good at it.
If writing isn't for you, hire or partner with a really good writer to make sure your business is getting the attention it needs.
- Even if you love to write, there's a limit to how many words you can consistently get onto a page or screen daily. Long writing sessions can lead to burnout and sabotage your productivity.
Professional copywriters know "the more you tell, the more you sell." The more high quality content you can create, the more authority and customer connection you can build.
But you need to understand the strategy behind the content being created. It's not a matter of just getting more words generated. You must understand the business purpose behind all the copy that's created, whether or not you do the actual writing.
- You may need particular expertise - like someone familiar with white papers or case studies.
Or a sales letter or SEO copywriter.
Or someone really good at emails.
Just know that you will probably pay more for a copywriter with specific expertise rather than a generalist.
- Sometimes it's hard to be objective about your own business. You know all the blood, sweat, and tears you put in to make your product or service great (or the features of your business).
But your customer may have no interest in those things. They might care a lot about something barely on your radar.
Often outside eyes can be just what is needed to communicate your most important benefits. The thing that really makes the difference could be something you take for granted, but your customers absolutely love.
Just be sure your writer is looking at real customer feedback like surveys, social media, or existing customer interviews.
- If you've got a big product launch or an important marketing campaign, you need to make sure your copy is making a great impression. It needs:
A terrific attention-getting headline
Well structured content that conveys your authority
On-point writing without fluff and clutter
Customer-focused copy clearly presenting valued benefits
Exellent grammar and usage
Professional copywriters are perfectionists about language. They're obsessive about tone, meaning, structure, and the finer points of grammar and usage.
Remember, clunky, error-filled writing is a serious credibility killer.
But the message is still yours...
A talented, well-trained copywriter can help you develop your perfect marketing message, but that message does need to come from you.
You know your customers. You know the little details to make your copy more interesting. You know your business better than anyone else. And, as the business owner, you're the one who's ultimately responsible for your story.